To enable recreational cricket to be played, adapted playing conditions have been introduced and the ECB ACO has produced guidance for umpires and scorers.
It is the duty of the umpires to manage these new adapted playing conditions and guidance on operating them and any sanctions are also included.
This guidance is divided into five sections:
• Before the game – guidance for both Umpires and Scorers
• During the game – guidance for Scorers
• During the game – guidance for Umpires
• Additional Advice for Umpires
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Umpires and scorers should read this guidance carefully and should they have any queries, please read the FAQs. This guidance applies until further notice and is for England only.
The ECB ACO insurance scheme will cover anyone who chooses to officiate irrespective of whether they are friendly or league matches, providing the games are played in adherence to Government guidance.