This is a 40 overs competition for Championship Two and Conference first teams.
2 PLAYER QUALIFICATION
1. No player may play for two different clubs in the competition.
2. Any registered player shall be eligible to play in the first and second round of the competition, except a Special Category player who has played in the Priestley Cup, Jack Hampshire Cup or Priestley Shield prior to his transfer.
3. Players must have played at least one league or cup or shield match (external competitions do not count) prior to July 7 to be eligible for the third round and the remainder of the competition.
4. Full-time students or players who have not played at least one league or cup, or shield match prior to July 7 and were registered before April 25, may apply in writing to the League Secretary for dispensation to play in the third and subsequent rounds of the competition. This will only be considered where the player can provide evidence to support their request. Written applications must be submitted no later than 9pm on Thursday July 4. There can be no applications after this date.
5.The Jack Hampshire Cup Round One is being played on the same date as the Priestley Cup and Priestley Shield.
6, If any club’s Jack Hampshire Cup Round One game is played and their Priestley Shield tie has been delayed on the original date, players who have played in Jack Hampshire Cup game are ineligible to play in the Priestley Shield on the reserve date.
7. If any club’s Jack Hampshire Cup Round One game is delayed and their Priestley Shield tie is played, players who have played in the Priestley Shield tie can play in the re-arranged Jack Hampshire Cup tie.
8. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Two on June 2 can play in the Jack Hampshire Round Two on June 16.
9. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Three on June 23 can play in the Jack Hampshire Cup Round Three on July 7.
10. Priestley Shield Round Four on July 21 is the same day as the Jack Hampshire Cup semi-final.
11. If the Jack Hampshire Cup tie is delayed to the reserve date of July 28 and the Priestley Shield tie is played on July 21, a player or players can play in their club’s Jack Hampshire Cup tie on July 28.
12. If the Jack Hampshire Cup tie is played on July 21 and a club’s Priestley Shield tie is postponed to the reserve date, the players who played in the Jack Hampshire tie are ineligible.
13. Players who play in the Priestley Shield semi-final on August 4 can play in the Jack Hampshire Cup final on August 18 provided their club are not in both finals.
CUP COMPETITION SCHEDULE
|ROUND||PRIESTLEY CUP||PRIESTLEY SHIELD||JACK HAMPSHIRE CUP|
|ONE||May 5 (May 19)||May 5 (May 12)||May 5 (June 9)|
|TWO||June 2 (June 16)||June 2 (June 16)||June 16 (June 30)|
|THREE||June 23 (June 30)||June 23 (July 7)||July 7 (July 14)|
|FOUR||Not applicable||July 21 (July 28)||Not applicable|
|SEMI-FINAL||July 14 (July 21)||August 4 (August 18)||July 21 (July 28)|
|FINAL||August 11 (August 26)||September 1 (September 15)||August 18 (September 1)|
3 SPECIAL CATEGORY PLAYER
A Special Category player cannot play in the Jack Hampshire Cup if he has played in the Priestley Cup, Jack Hampshire Cup or Priestley Shield prior to his transfer.
4 OVERSEAS PLAYERS
Any late arriving Overseas Player(s) must have been registered prior to April 25 to be able to apply for dispensation if they have not played at least one league or cup, or shield match prior to June 23.
5 START TIMES
All matches will commence at 1pm except for the final which will start at noon.
6 FIELDING RESTRICTIONS
At the instant of delivery, for the first 12 overs of each 40 overs innings, only two fieldsmen are permitted to be outside “the fielding circle”.
For the remainder of each innings a minimum of four fieldsmen (plus the bowler & wicket-keeper) must be within the “fielding circle” In the event of an infringement the Umpire shall call “NO BALL
For the remainder of each innings a minimum of four fieldsmen (plus the bowler & wicket-keeper) must be within the “fielding circle” In the event of an infringement the Umpire shall call “NO BALL. In the event of the length of the innings being reduced prior to its start the following table indicates the number of overs for which the restrictions will apply.
No bowler may bowl more than eight overs in an innings in a 40 over contest. In a reduced-overs contest the allocations are indicated below.
8 OVER RATES
Forty overs must be bowled in 2hrs 40 mins (or pro rata in a shortened game). Teams will be fined £10 for every over they fail to bowl by the deadline.
Over Rate targets for reduced overs games
|10||40min||18||1hr 12min||26||1hr 44min||34||2hr 16min|
|11||44min||19||1hr 16min||27||1hr 48min||35||2hr 20min|
|12||48min||20||1hr 20min||28||1hr 52min||36||2hr 24min|
|13||52min||21||1hr 24min||29||1hr 56min||37||2hr 28min|
|14||56min||22||1hr 28min||30||2hr||38||2hr 32min|
|15||1hr||23||1hr 32min||31||2hr 4min||39||2hr 36min|
|16||1hr 4min||24||1hr 36min||32||2hr 8min||40||2hr 40min|
|17||1hr 8min||25||1hr 40min||33||2hr 12min|