This competition is for Second Teams Premier Division teams plus applications from second teams from the Championship One, Championship Two and Conference. If the number of applicants take the total number of entries above 32 the League officials will decide the structure of the composition.
2 PLAYER QUALIFICATION
1. No player may play for two different clubs in the competition.
2. No overseas professional or Special Category player may play.
3. A loan player may only play for one club in the competition.
4. Any registered player shall be eligible to play in the first and second rounds of the competition provided he hasn’t played in the same round of the Priestley Cup or Jack Hampshire Cup first.
5 After the first round any player who has played more first team games (league and cup) than second team games by the date of a specific round cannot play in the Priestley Shield.
6. Players must have played at least one league or cup or shield match (external competitions do not count) prior to June 23 to be eligible for the third round and the remainder of the competition.
7. Full-time students or players who have not played at least one league or cup, or shield match prior to June 23 and were registered before April 25, may apply in writing to the League Secretary for dispensation to play in the third and subsequent rounds of the competition. This will only be considered where the player can provide evidence to support their request. Writtn applications must be submitted no later than 9pm on Thursday June 20. There can be no further applications after this date.
8 The first three rounds of the Priestley Cup and Priestley Shield are due to be played on the same dates.
where the player can provide evidence to support their request. Written applications must be submitted no later than 9pm on Thursday June 20. There can be no further applications after this date.
8 The first three rounds of the Priestley Cup and Priestley Shield are due to be played on the same dates. If any club’s Priestley Shield game is delayed in any of the first three rounds and their Priestley Cup game is played on the original date, players who have played in the cup game are ineligible to play in the Priestley Shield on the reserve date.
9. If any club’s Priestley Shield game is played and their Priestley Cup game is delayed, players who have played in the Shield tie can play in the re-arranged Priestley Cup tie.
10. Any player(s) playing in the Priestley Cup semi-final or final are ineligible to play in the Priestley Shield Round Four, semi-final and final.
11. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Four and or semi-final are eligible to play in the Priestley Cup final subject to their club not being in both finals.
12. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Two on June 2 can play in the Jack Hampshire second round on June 16.
13. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Three on June 23 can play in the Jack Hampshire Cup Round Three on July 7.
14. The Priestley Shield Round Four and the Jack Hampshire Cup semi-finals are both due to be played on July 21 with the same reserve date of July 28.
15. If a club’s Priestley Shield game is played and they are in the Jack Hampshire Cup which is delayed to the reserve date, the players playing in the shield tie can play in the Jack Hampshire Cup on the reserve date.
16. If a club’s Priestley Shield game is delayed to the reserve date and they are in the Jack Hampshire Cup which has been played, then these players are ineligible for their second team on the reserve date.
17. Players who play in the Priestley Shield semi-final on August 4 can play in the Jack Hampshire Cup final on August 18.
18. In the event of a club reaching both the Priestley Shield and Jack Hampshire Cup finals, no player can play in both cup finals.
CUP COMPETITION SCHEDULE
|ROUND||PRIESTLEY CUP||PRIESTLEY SHIELD||JACK HAMPSHIRE CUP|
|ONE||May 5 (May 19)||May 5 (May 12)||May 5 (June 9)|
|TWO||June 2 (June 16)||June 2 (June 16)||June 16 (June 30)|
|THREE||June 23 (June 30)||June 23 (July 7)||July 7 (July 14)|
|FOUR||Not applicable||July 21 (July 28)||Not applicable|
|SEMI-FINAL||July 14 (July 21)||August 4 (August 18)||July 21 (July 28)|
No bowler may bowl more than ten overs in an innings in a 50 over contest. In a reduced-overs contest the allocations are indicated below.
4 OVER RATES
Fifty overs must be bowled in 3hrs 20 mins (or pro rata in a shortened game). Teams will be fined £10 for every over they fail to bowl by the deadline.
OVER RATE TARGETS FOR REDUCED OVERS GAMES
|10||40min||20||1hr 20min||30||2hr||40||2hr 40min|
|11||44min||21||1hr 24min||31||2hr 4min||41||2hr 44min|
|12||48min||22||1hr 28min||32||2hr 8min||42||2hr 48min|
|13||52min||23||1hr 32min||33||2hr 12min||43||2hr 52min|
|14||56min||24||1hr 36min||34||2hr 16min||44||2hr 56min|
|15||1hr||25||1hr 40min||35||2hr 20min||45||3hr|
|16||1hr 4min||26||1hr 44min||36||2hr 24min||46||3hr 4min|
|17||1hr 8min||27||1hr 48min||37||2hr 28min||47||3hr 8min|
|18||1hr 12min||28||1hr 52min||38||2hr 32min||48||3hr 12min|
|19||1hr 16min||29||1hr 56min||39||2hr 36min||49||3hr 16min|
5. FIELDING RESTRICTIONS
At the instant of delivery, for the first 15 overs of each 50 overs innings, only two fieldsmen are permitted to be outside the area known as “the fielding circle”. For the remainder of each innings a minimum of four fieldsmen (plus the bowler & wicket-keeper) must be within the “fielding circle” In the event of an infringement the Umpire shall call “NO BALL”
|Return to cup rules index|