This is a 50 over competition for the first teams of those clubs playing in the Premier Division and Championship One.
2 PLAYER QUALIFICATION
1. No player may play for two different clubs in the competition.
2. Any registered player shall be eligible to play in the first and second rounds of the competition except a Special Category player who has played in the Priestley Cup, Jack Hampshire Cup or Priestley Shield prior to his transfer.
3. Players must have played at least one league or cup or shield match (external competitions do not count) prior to June 23 to be eligible for the third round and the remainder of the competition.
4. Full-time students or players who have not played at least one league or cup, or shield match prior to June 23, but were registered before April 25, may apply in writing to the League Secretary for dispensation to play in the third and subsequent rounds of the competition. This will only be considered where the player can provide evidence to support their request. Written applications must be submitted by June 23.
5. The first three rounds of the Priestley Cup and Priestley Shield are due to be played on the same dates.
6. If any club’s Priestley Shield game is delayed in any of the first three rounds and their corresponding Priestley Cup game has been played on the original date, players who have played in the Priestley Cup game are ineligible to play in the Priestley Shield on the reserve date.
7. If any club’s Priestley Shield game is played and their Priestley Cup game is delayed, players who have played in the Priestley Shield tie can play in the re-arranged Priestley Cup tie.
8. Any player (s) playing in the Priestley Cup semi-final or final are ineligible to play in the Priestley Shield Round Four, semi-final and final.
9. Players playing in the Priestley Shield Round Four and or semi-final are eligible to play in the Priestley Cup final.
CUP COMPETITION SCHEDULE
|ROUND||PRIESTLEY CUP||PRIESTLEY SHIELD||JACK HAMPSHIRE CUP|
|One||May 5 (May 19)||May 5 (May 12)||May 5 (June 9)|
|Two||June 2 (June 16)||June 2 (June 16)||June 16 (June 30)|
|Three||June 23 (June 30)||June 23 (July 7)||July 7 (July 14)|
|Four||Not applicable||July 21 (July 28)||Not applicable|
|Semi-final||July 14 (July 21)||August 4 (August 18)||July 21 (July 28)|
|Final||August 11 (August 26)||September 1 (September 15)||August 18 (September 1)|
3 SPECIAL CATEGORY PLAYERS
Any Special Category Player who has played in the Priestley Cup or Jack Hampshire Cup prior to his transfer will not be eligible to play for his new club in this competition.
4 OVERSEAS PLAYERS
Any late arriving Overseas Player(s) must have been registered prior to April 25 to be able to apply for dispensation if they have not played at least one league or cup, or shield match prior to June 23.
5 START TIMES
All matches will commence at 1pm except for the final which will start at noon.
6 FIELDING RESTRICTIONS
At the instant of delivery, for the first 15 overs of each 50 overs innings, only two fieldsmen are permitted to be outside the area known as “the fielding circle”. For the remainder of each innings a minimum of four fieldsmen (plus the bowler & wicket-keeper) must be within the “fielding circle” In the event of an infringement the Umpire shall call “NO BALL”
The “fielding circle” is- an area bounded by two semi-circles centred on each middle stump (each with a radius of 30 yards) and joined by a parallel line on each side of the pitch”. In the event of the length of the innings being reduced prior to its start the following table indicates. the number of overs for which the restrictions will apply.
Legside fielders: At all times there must be no more than five fielders on the legside at the point of delivery. An infringement will lead to the umpire calling no ball.
No bowler may bowl more than ten overs in an innings in a 50 over contest. In a reduced-overs contest the allocations are indicated below.
8 OVER RATES
Fifty overs must be bowled in 3hrs 20 mins (or pro rata in a shortened game). Teams will be fined £10 for every over they fail to bowl by the deadline.
OVER RATE TARGETS FOR REDUCED OVERS GAMES
|10||40min||20||1hr 20min||30||2hr||40||2hr 40min|
|11||44min||21||1hr 24min||31||2hr 4min||41||2hr 44min|
|12||48min||22||1hr 28min||32||2hr 8min||42||2hr 48min|
|13||52min||23||1hr 32min||33||2hr 12min||43||2hr 52min|
|14||56min||24||1hr 36min||34||2hr 16min||44||2hr 56min|
|15||1hr||25||1hr 40min||35||2hr 20min||45||3hr|
|16||1hr 4min||26||1hr 44min||36||2hr 24min||46||3hr 4min|
|17||1hr 8min||27||1hr 48min||37||2hr 28min||47||3hr 8min|
|18||1hr 12min||28||1hr 52min||38||2hr 32min||48||3hr 12min|
|19||1hr 16min||29||1hr 56min||39||2hr 36min||49||3hr 16min|